Wool bomber jacket navy herringbone
Limited edition

Wool bomber jacket navy herringbone

Mission elegance: The bomber jacket for city and nature

  • Material: wool nylon blend
  • Weight: 380 g/m2
  • Woven in Italy, made in Tunisia


Go for your usual size.

Size :
Disponible en ligne

139,30 €

199 €


Details that make all the difference:
Aviator-inspired wool jacket with classic shirt collar
Warm, durable Italian fabric
2 slanted side pockets with zipper
3 super handy inside pockets

You have 14 days after receiving your order to return your purchases, and request an exchange or refund. An explanatory form which you simply fill will be attached to your order

Know more
  • blue bomber jacket
  • grey bomber jacket

The bomber jacket 2.0

Not just for aviators

When you want to create a wardrobe of timeless, practical and easy to combine garments, it's smart to browse through military archives. This is logical when you consider that military clothing meets a functional, comfortable and durable need. So, after chinos, overshirts and bermuda shorts, we have taken on the military's most mythical garment: the bomber jacket.

The bomber jacket was developed by the US Air Force for fighter pilots and was first produced in the 1930s. Since then, it has been converted from leather (version A-2) to nylon, from flap pockets to slanted pockets (version B15), and from sheepskin collar to knit collar (version MA-1).

Our wool jacket stays true to the original shape with its ribbed hem and has adopted one or two details from all bomber jacket versions: the shirt collar of the A2 jacket, the slanted zipper pockets of the B15 jacket and the technical lining of the MA-1 jacket. And to give the bomber jacket The Nines signature style, we made it more elegant. So it becomes your new everyday winter jacket: from business meeting to family weekend.

wool jacket bomber style

A good winter jacket is functional and warm

wool and nylon blend bomber jacket

Hard-wearing, warm blend of wool and nylon

Historically, aviator jackets were made entirely of nylon because this functional material is durable, lightweight and insulating. For the same reasons, our jacket is made of 26% nylon. The remaining 74% is made of wool (69% virgin wool and 5% recycled wool), which is naturally elegant and water repellent. And we found this hard-wearing and warm material in Italy at Pantex.

Fully lined for even more comfort

For even more comfort and warmth, our bomber jacket is fully lined with polyester. 100 g lining in the torso, 60 g lining in the sleeves and quilted in a diamond shape for aesthetics and to prevent the lining from moving.

Countless pockets

The biggest advantage of military-inspired clothing is its practicality. And what could be more practical than 5 super secure hidden pockets?

Outside: 2 slanted zippered pockets big enough for your hands and style. Inside: a piped pocket like a suit jacket for your cell phone, a hidden vertical zipper pocket for your keys, and a patch pocket with buttoned flap for your change.

A style true to the original

When it comes to overall style, we stayed true to the original bomber jacket with its ribbed hem at the hips. So the ice cold wind can't get through and you stay nice and warm.

winter jacket

A good everyday jacket is elegant
and easy to combine

herringbone jacket

A super comfortable semi slim fit

In France, a jacket that is tight at the hips is called a "blouson" because it is supposed to fall "blousy". This means that the fabric puffs out a bit at the waist. Our jacket is cut a little tighter than the original bomber jacket to avoid the Michelin Man effect, but generous enough to comfortably wear a sweater underneath.

An elegant shirt collar

A classic shirt collar is much more elegant than the knit collar you see on most bomber jackets today. Plus, this type of collar balances out the proportions of the jacket, which can otherwise look a bit slim at the top, and suits any face shape.

Buttoned sleeves

Officially, a bomber jacket is fitted at the hips and sleeves with a ribbed cuff (elastic, finely ribbed band). For a less sporty look, the sleeves of our wool jacket are buttoned.

A timeless pattern

The herringbone pattern is easily recognized by its zigzag lines and is one of the most commonly used textile patterns. It is characterized by its subtle elegance that does not dominate over the outfit.

Did you know that this elegant pattern also has its origins in the military? The herringbone twill has long been used for the uniforms of the US Army, because it is soft, supple and durable.

In this colour

Quick delivery

3-day DHL Express delivery
Free EU delivery from €150

100% satisfaction

Exchange or return within 14 days


Any question or recommendation?
+33 (0) 1 85 09 19 00